Friday, November 7, 2008

Work Reflections

I'm tired, really tired tonight. It's not a frustrated tired, it is a tired at the end of a hard day's work tired. I'm really enjoying marketing Xerox Office Solutions. I am learning so much...but there is so much more to learn.
I am excited about the possibility of representing the kingdom of God all over Columbus and the Valley region. The primary way I do that is by doing my best at work. Paul said,
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24 ESV)
Being a Christian in the marketplace is not necessarily about a fish on your car, a Bible on your desk, or witnessing at the water cooler. It is about live a dynamic life of faith and good old fashion hard work. Are you in?
BTW...the hardest day of work ever for me was cropping tobacco in high school. What was the hardest day of work you have ever put in?

6 comments:

Clayton Bell said...

Hardest day of work was November of 07. I was giving a project to take over when it was about to blow up in our companies face, and the entire company was pulling together to pull the project together. I got to work at 7:30 a.m. and left after 10 p.m, and was back at work the next day, Saturday.

BUT! I was rewarded very well by the company for my work, and it was a joy to see everyone pulling together to get it done.

Beth Brawley Taylor said...

Giving birth...three times. But you should know-you were there!

Tyson Schroder said...

moving 200 hymnals from a closet to an attic ;)

Rachel said...

That would be Mother's Day, 1997. I was a waitress at Texas Roadhouse. I pulled a double that day and at 9:50 pm a bus load of Brazilian tourists pulled up to our front door. I was deliriously tired that night but had a whole lot more money!

Karen said...

It had to be August 1995, cleaning student apartments after move-out. Imagine sticky layers of rancid frying grease mixed with cigarette smoke covering the kitchen surfaces, and something like 12 months worth of soap scum bonded to the shower walls & tub. And I won't even go there with the toilets and refrigerators! It was 2 long weeks of long days...but quite a sense of satisfaction when the squalor gave way to squeaky-clean.

Eddie Taylor said...

Karen...You are blessings my inward Mr. Clean!