Thursday, November 13, 2008

Navigation Tools

Some days it is difficult to navigate rough waters in our thought life. Here's what I mean, in America we have made a god out of logical reasoning. However, God has told us,
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8 ESV)
What do I do when I come to the impasse between my logic and His ways?
I must make the synaptic jump from logic to true faith. My spirit must overrule my thoughts and trust in His goodness as my Father. (Luke 11:13). Unfortunately, many have had poor role models at home to develop that picture that points to the true north of a loving, trustworthy father. We must not equate our Father with any limitation. He is Truth, Love, and Hope. Father, magnetize my heart by Your Word!

1 comment: