Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It Is Really Big


This week I'm doing Sales Agent training for Xerox at the National Conference Center in Lansdowne, VA. This place is big, really big. Like 265,000 square feet of meeting space, 250 meeting rooms and 917 guest rooms, The National Conference Center offers both size and variety. Amenities include a 670-seat dining court, Black Olive Bar & Grill, Starbucks® and a fitness center. This center was originally built by Xerox to be "Xerox Document University" a kind of living training center. Xerox sold off its real estate division in 2000 but continues to train here. According to Wikipedia, "the Center retained the confusing navigational layout of the Xerox era, which was allegedly intended to encourage team building among participants." It is so large and maze-like that a number of us have threatened to leave bread crumbs to find our way back to the various room.
It has been fun walking around this place and getting my daily requirement of exercise. I'm practicing my "I'm not really lost" face. It is pretty easy since I'm a male who rarely asks for directions.
Guys, do you stop and ask directions? Gals, does your husband/significant other? I need some feedback people...

4 comments:

Beth Brawley Taylor said...

Ummm, hello? Did you not read my blog on Friday???

crashsystems said...

Of course I ask for directions! I'd still be lost if I didn't.

Joylene Green said...

sadly I think my husband might fit into the "I'm not really lost" game. haha

Eddie Taylor said...

I forgot about the Dave Barry item....too funny. It was comedic foreshadowing for this week.
:)