Thursday, October 23, 2008

Don't Quit!

“This I do know beyond any reasonable doubt. Regardless of what you are doing, if you pump long enough, hard enough and enthusiastically enough, sooner or later the effort will bring forth the reward.” Zig Ziglar

I really enjoy this quote because it reminds me not to quit. Growing up I was never allowed to quit a sport mid-season. I had to finish what I started if I liked it or not. In life and leadership there is reward if you just keep going. Anyone can quit. Let me say that again. Anyone can quit. What sets you apart as a leader is the drive to keep going.

Success, as we learned from the tortoise and the hare, is not always to the fleet of foot or the most gifted individuals but those who persevere. Today, why not try harder than yesterday? With your family, hug just a second longer. At work, why not stay on the project until it is completed? In your ministry, believe again in the unbelievable!

You might feel like quitting but don't!

No comments: