Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Did I rip off The Office?

I didn't realize when I titled yesterday's blog Business Ethics that I ripped off the title from last Thursday's episode of The Office. My son, Jacob reminded me yesterday afternoon. He overheard me talking about the post and said, "Did you write about The Office?"
BTW, the characters of the show, while amusing, have no concept of ethics. I don't think the show influenced my thoughts, they were influenced by yesterday's Xerox class.
Have you ever been positively influenced by a sitcom?

3 comments:

Clayton Bell said...

You know, I would say The Office has, but not for how to do business. The effect the show has had on culture, and my group of friends, shows me the power of a well-told story, and how we can find something universal to understand. So it changed me in terms of preaching and communicating...

Eddie Taylor said...

I believe that is a value that we can all learn from Hollywood...the power of a well-crafted story. Great insight!

Rachel said...

Well, I watched The Office for the first time this week. I was completely unimpressed. A little bored actually. Have I ever been positively influenced by a sitcom? Yes, Seinfeld. That's 30 minutes of funny (minus commercials, of course).