Friday, October 24, 2008

Coincidence? I don't think so...


I recently heard Bill Johnson say something like this, "When you are leaning into God there is no such thing as a coincidence...if you are living naturally everything is chance." Most of you, my readers, know that I recently changed the way that I receive a paycheck. That we are believing God to sell our home in a soft market. Our God loves to find difficult situations so He can demonstrate His love and care for His children.
Here's the story. I was at the Board of Elections office this morning when I saw a white object on the edge of the flower bed...I reached down and picked it up. It was a sea shell with a Bible verse written in it. What are the chances of that? Since the polls opened hundreds of people had probably walked past that spot. No one had claimed the shell. That shell wasn't for them. It was for me. I could not wait to get home and share the shell with Beth and the boys. God strategically placed that shell there to encourage me in my journey today! Oh yeah..the verse, Deuteronomy 8:18. Go ahead look it up. I dare you.
Your turn. Has a verse been given to you at just the right time?

5 comments:

Adam Mabry said...

Nice.

And no, like you I don't believe in chance or randomness. That's a great promise in Deuteronomy.

Like you, we're trying to sell our house in a crazy market, so I'll remember you guys when I pray for mine to sell as well.

Eddie Taylor said...

Thanks Adam. Is your home in Europe or Tallahassee?

Killa said...

Actually, someone had taped this same verse to the Bank of America ATM when I drove thru there last week. Awesome!

Kelly Bell said...

That's awesome! I love when God reminds us that He is in control and speaks to us in ways that were unexpected!

John Orzechowski said...

Good story. I actually had an interesting providential experience yesterday, too. I was browsing some library books to try to find a paper topic and found one that interested me. I looked up the author who was a professor at University of Virginia; Erica and I have been talking about Virginia for a while and I figured if we decided to go there I could contact this person since she has similar academic interests. Then, I rode home with a friend who mentioned that she used to live in Charlottesville. We kept talking and long story short, she was on staff at UVa (which I didn't know) and mentioned she has a friend in the religion dept there. Lo and behold, she is good friends with the same professor I was wanting to contact. So she of course offered to help me out if we decide to go. But what are the chances?