Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Saturday....

It is a typical first College Football Saturday in Lake City. The restaurants are full of people dressed in their favorite team regalia. Many will be going to Gainesville for the game later today. By game...it will be that by definition only. If my beloved Dogs destroyed the June Jones led Rainbow Warriors in the Sugar bowl, this addition without Jones and Brennan doesn't stand a chance in the Swamp. My prediction is Gators 56 - Hawaii 7.
Me? I'm dressed in red & black. My hopes and thoughts are further north...Athens, GA. I'm not sure yet how I will get the game. I'll probably end up listening to the Dawgs battle the Eagles of Georgia Southern online. I'll plan to also watch Bama vs. Clemson later today.
What a great day....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

For some reason I cannot bring myself to wear team colors (not that there's anything wrong with that, as the characters of Seinfeld might say). I attribute this to my repressed but amazingly persistent non-compliant streak. This is also why I do not like Starbucks, in case you were wondering.