Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Get Small

It’s true that I want every church in America to be full and even overflowing. Yep, I am a bona fide believer in church growth. I think every person in America should become Christians and join a life-giving church…to that end we don’t have enough buildings. However, today I’m writing about joining a small group, a home church or as we call them at CHC, a Life Group.

At our Life Group this weekend, we had a tremendous time of food, worship, and the Word. I know every Christian in the world needs this kind of church experience in their lives regularly. I said every Christian in the world. I was so built up and encouraged by our meeting. I know it blessed all of us…all five of us. That’s right five…how many people do you need to have church?

Matthew 18:20 ESV For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."

Everyone needs a small group experience. Pastor…can I ask you a question? Are you in a small group? The people in your church won’t if you don’t.

No comments: