Sunday, March 2, 2008

Well Done for March 2, 2008

Have you ever heard the expression "dazed and confused"? That probably best expresses how I felt during Celebration today. I'm back in the game but I'm not 100% yet. I'm getting stronger every day!
The first Well Done goes to all the Volunteers and Staff who proved to me again today that CHC really functions well without me. That's very humbling but it is the goal of every leader worth their salt. Genuine leadership attempts to build around the vision, goals, and strategies of the organization, not your personality. I'm grateful for Pastor Chris and the entire team for going the extra mile to cover me this week.
The second Well Done goes to my spiritual father, Ray Owens. Ray's talk today was grace-filled and challenging. It is his relentless passion for the Great Commission that continues to motivate a new generation of disciples to follow him as he follows Christ.
Who are you discipling? Are you multiplying value in your organization or building around yourself?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The ship still sails but we miss our captain! Glad you're feeling better.