Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Family Milestone

The boys and I have had a great day together; bike riding, eating, laughing, and playing basketball. Then it happened. Jacob, my 15 year old son beat me at HORSE. Actually, David (my 13 yr old) also beat me . I am no longer invincible. Kind of funny isn't it? The day will happen when your kids are taller (Jacob is 6'1") or out run you, or have a larger business or ministry. It is my goal in parenting that the older my boys get, the more I lead out of influence not just "parental position". Isn't that the goal of all good leadership? To lead and develop teams not just "followers" or employees. Even Jesus told his disciples:

John 15:15 ESV No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

As the relationship grows the influence and the delegation can deepen. God help me to keep growing as a parent and a leader. Are you working to give away your influence?

By the way, I still won at 21...for now.

No comments: