Here's Clayton's post...
This post won't be long, but it's chocked full of good stuff!
- Caroline was 4lbs, 4.3oz and 16.75 inches long. She looks big and healthy!
- They've taken her to the NICU, and after giving her a chance to breathe on her own they've decided to intubate her. This allows them to give medicine to her lungs to help them expand and contract better on their own. The good news is they think she'll only be on this for 24 hours, and not days or weeks! Praise God!
- Mom is doing good, but post-baby repair surgery was an hour long and took A LOT out of her. She's doing better but still in a great deal of pain and would appreciate your prayers for a quick recovery.
- Dad is doing pretty good, but is not looking forward to my first night of sleep on an egg crate-less hospital bed. Yikes!
- Any meal situation will be worked through Amy Middleton. Right, Amy?
- Please send well-wished through blog comments, emails, and text messages. If nothing else, phone service in this room is TERRIBLE!
- Visitors: I don't know that we're going to have any before Friday. Kelly's really wiped out and was told she'd have a "busy day" tomorrow. If you'd like to stop by on Friday, please text Clayton first to make sure it's a good time. There's a decent chance we'll decline, but it's not because we don't love ya!
- And just so you don't incur another disappointment if you do visit: only her parents (us) and grandparents can see Caroline in the NICU. That's why we need to pray she comes home quick!
Enough talking: let's see some pictures!
Just in case we haven't expressed it enough or often enough, we can't thank you all enough for your love, prayers and support. I don't know if we could have gotten through it without all of you, and I'm sure glad we'll never have to find out!
Praise, honor, and glory to Jesus for covering, protecting and providing for us. We live for His glory.