Friday, February 22, 2008

Excellence

Every time I attend NCC, Valdosta I am amazed at the atmosphere of excellence that Pastor L.A., the staff, and the elders have instilled as a core value. Their facilities and physical plant are flawless. All the signs, room readiness, coffee & finger foods said “WELCOME”. Their guest services are off the chain. Phyllis Slone, the Administrative Assistant, had me ready to go with information and an itinerary. Pastor L.A. was nowhere to be seen but fingerprints of his excellence marked the meeting yesterday.

Honestly, I’m convicted. While we are growing in excellence at CHC, we still have a long way to go. I’m asking God to help me grow as a leader. Yesterday drew me back to this truth:

"You can’t lead where you won’t go and you can’t teach what you don’t know.”

I can’t expect the foyer to be sharp if my office isn’t.

When was the last time you saw room for growth in your leadership? Did you embrace it or come up with an excuse?

No comments: