Saturday, January 26, 2008

The weekend...finally

I'm so glad that Saturday is finally here. I'm looking forward to spending most of the day with my family. When you are a pastor you have to be flexible and creative with your days off. First, in the annual cycle of church life there are just busy seasons. Secondly, life crisis are never scheduled. Stuff happens but we as leaders can never let the tyranny of the urgent choke out the important. We have to live out of our priorities.
Later this afternoon I am doing a memorial service for Lisa Norton's mom. Please continue to lift Mike, Lisa and the boys up in prayer.
Still, I'm expecting the usual Saturday routine which consists of a big breakfast, some exercise and a lot of goofing off. I want to kill off a couple chapters this afternoon...maybe watch a movie or a little TV.
What do you do to relax?

No comments: