Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sorrow

I orginally posted this on another site on August 25, 2006...
Job 17:7 NKJV My eye has also grown dim because of sorrow; and all my members are like shadows.

Sorrow... It can come upon you suddenly and without warning. Something or someone dies or is stolen or lost. The resulting pain can be crippling. Job says that it can cause you to lose your vision. Your eyes are clouded with tears and you can only see your pain. What prescription can remedy this myopia?

Job found no comfort in family, finances or fame. He had lost them all. His friends brought no help or encouragement. Looking through the lenses of eternity, his one help was God. He confessed, "For I know my redeemer lives whom I shall see". (Job 19:25-27)

How's your vision? Without it the people perish (Proverbs 29:18). Are you frustrated and death is swallowing up your relationships? Is joy no where to be found? Run to your Redeemer...Ask him to heal the deep hurts of your heart and life. Now lift up your eyes the fields are white unto harvest. Can you see it?

No comments: