Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My birthday...Number 43

Today is my birthday. It’s hard to believe that I’m forty-three. It’s amazing, some days I feel like I’m eighteen running hard after God and fulfilling His will for my life. Then I get up out of the chair and my body reminds me that I have a fourteen year old living in my house. So, what’s the big deal about another birthday?
I am so grateful for all of the kind Facebook, MySpace, and E-mail messages. I truly feel like George Bailey from “It’s a Wonderful Life”. I know that I have to be the richest man in Bedford Falls (or anywhere else). I’m married to the most tremendous woman in the world, have three super sons, and have incredible ministry friends all over the world.
Yep, I’m blessed. So today I want to honor the people who have contributed the most. First, I thank Jesus Christ! What an awesome God and friend who had a very creative and comedic moment when He formed me. Secondly, I want to thank my parents. I grew up in a healthy, God –fearing home. As one of five kids, I never felt lost in the crowd. My parents encouraged me to succeed but never pushed. They taught me about hard work and achieving your goals. I’m a better man, leader, and dad because of them.